Like an archaeological dig, we can use the detective power of DNA to determine the original source material used in a finished product.
BioMaterial GenoTyping™ uses the genomic DNA present in natural materials to:
- Authenticate originality
- Assure quality at all stages of the logistic and supply chains
- Allow manufacturers to identify their products to make accurate warranty decisions
- Offer quality control and assurance to avoid mislabeling
- Enable Customs and Enforcement Agencies to authenticate products
- Enhance confidence in content and quality of products by all stakeholders in the logistic and supply chains
BioMaterial GenoTyping™ can be used to authenticate natural materials present in, but not limited to:
- Premium Wool
- Luxury Branded Products
- Fine Food
- Prestige Wine
Just as a person’s DNA specifies all of their unique qualities, natural materials like cotton, contain genomic DNA that can be utilized to authenticate originality. The unique signature that the genomic DNA from mature cotton leaves behind is ideal to forensically authenticate cotton fiber, yarn, greige, finished fabric and apparel.
FiberTyping is a commercial test that can differentiate between Pima and Upland cotton from fiber to finished fabric and apparel, adding accountability to all stages of the textile manufacturing process.
Knowing the forensic identity of cotton is revolutionizing the textile and apparel industry. BioMaterial GenoTyping™ provides definitive, forensic proof of authentication. To find out how you can benefit from BioMaterial GenoTyping™ please click here.